Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Goals

Yep, I'm starting out the New Year behind. But, I have good reason. You see, lots of people fail at their New Year's Resolutions after, like, a week, so if I wait a week to publicize mine, I'm guaranteed to make it through the first week of January. Wish you would have thought about that, huh? :)

So, last year I accomplished all of my New Year's resolutions. Impressed? You would be until you hear that I only had two and they were: 1) Have a baby--I was already 5 months pregnant, just so you know. 2) Lose weight--which of course I did, because I had a baby and she weighed 8lbs, 2ozs, so there went almost 10 pounds instantly! I love it when a plan comes together!

This year, I decided I'd up the ante and try for something a little more difficult. More challenging. More rewarding. More fun. So, here are a few resolutions, in no particular order.

Run more. Yep, you read that right. I said run and I don't plan on anyone chasing me, so what gives? I got into a great routine of running three times per week last spring and summer, and I felt so healthy and accomplished. Until one day late last summer--in mid run--I thought, "I'm tired. I don't want to run today." So I stopped, got in my car and drove home. GASP! I know, right? So, my goal this year is to pick back up on my running routine and even run the 5k walk at the Memorial Marathon this year. Who's with me?


Grow more spiritually. I'm so blessed to have a church and pastor that brings the Word of God each and every weekend. He doesn't just bring it...he BRINGS it! I'm committing to a more active prayer life and I've already started getting up at 5 each morning and I'm putting His Word first in my life on a consistent basis. Dan and I are starting our lifegroup back, too. I'm so excited cause I've missed it so much!


Be more creative and crafty. In 2010, I was so inspired by various blogs about photography, sewing, crafting, cooking and more. This year, I plan to take more time out of my schedule to do simple, homemade crafts that help me exercise my creativity and help me feel accomplished. I finally got my DSLR I've been slobbering over for years, so there will be lots of photography sessions in my future. Good thing I have such a willing and beautiful model ready for her close-up.


My next purchase is a sewing machine because Santa forgot it this year. I already have several projects lined up that are way beyond my skill level, like threading the bobin. Seriously, all you sewers out there, this sister needs some help!

Cut out expenses and save more. If you've been around me over the past three months, you've probably heard me utter, "Well, the coupon lady said this..." or "I saw on the coupon lady's website..." because I've learned so much about shopping with coupons this last fall. I'm not talking about clip and snip to save $.50; I'm talking savings of about 25% off my total bill last month and it gets better the more I learn. I hope to continue to cut back on my grocery bill and stash more money away in our savings. And, pay my car off early. We can do it! We started the envelope system and it's really working to keep us on track financially. Nothing but momentum in 2011! Every year we drink a little more of the Dave Ramsey Kool-Aid and I'm lovin' the flavor!

Well, there you have 'em. There are plenty more aspirations for this year, but I don't want to overwhelm myself, which is easy to do. I'm one of those oh-look-it's-a-shiny-object people. Actually, an oh-look-it's-a-soccer-ball-pillow person ( I said this to a friend mid-story after seeing the before mentioned ball).

Anywho, hope you all have a wonderful 2011. Best wishes in the New Year. Comment and tell me what your resolutions are and I--oh, look there's the shiny orange publish button...

No comments:

Post a Comment