Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Tale of Two Weekends

It was the best of weekends, it was the worst of weekends.

Here's a recap.

Friday. I've slept since then; I no longer remember what happened other than being at work and wishing I could think of a good reason to go home and enjoy the 70 degree weather. It's days like Friday that I'm glad I don't have a window to taunt and tease me while I'm stuck behind my desk. Hubs wanted to rent a movie--Dinner for Schmucks--and I fell asleep within three minutes. Oh how I miss falling asleep on the couch without a care in the world! Felt good and I didn't miss much from the movie, so I'm told.

Saturday. Up early, as usual with Ellie. Dan made omelets with spinach, tomatoes and onions. Yum! I'm so lucky to have an awesome breakfast cook! Took Ellie's Valentine's pictures in her little red tutu I made while watching The Biggest Loser Tuesday night. Of course they're cute--she's in them, after all. But, she was tired so she didn't give the camera very much sass. She's finally at an age where I feel like we can be away from home several hours running errands or goofing off. Spent most of the afternoon at the Apple store in Penn Square then off to eat at Ted's. She tried refried beans, tortillas with cheese, sour cream and guac. She loved being a people watcher!

What a sweetheart!
So, up until this point, this was a great weekend. Until we get home. <insert dramatic organ music here> E was a little cranky, probably due to a lack of nap, so she lays down for a nap. She wakes up...102 fever! She's never really had a fever, so Mommy and Daddy were a little freaked out, plus lots of ups and downs throughout the night. So...

Sunday. Had to miss church. :( Luckily, a pediatrician from E's doctor's office was in this morning, so we waited with other miserably sick kids and their parents to see the doctor. Welcome to flu season, people! Not what E had--knock on wood--but the doc confirmed my suspicions: double ear infection. Boo! I want my poor baby to feel better pronto. Luckily she did good in the waiting room and passed the time by feeding her daddy Cheerios! Look at the concentration on that little face. Gosh, I love that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment