Thursday, January 13, 2011

$.81 for Groceries!

So, I did a little grocery shopping last night and had a pretty amazing trip, savings wise. At Homeland, my first transaction was $8.66 and my second was merely $.81 cents, tax and all! Walgreens was a different story. I needed milk. No coupons. No reward dollars. Had to pay full price. :( Boo!

Anyway, here's what I got for a grand total of $12.38.



  • 4 Campbell's Select Harvest soups
  • 1 Coffee Mate Sugar Free Hazelnut 32 oz. creamer
  • 1 64 oz. orange Gatorade
  • 1 Old Orchard apple cran juice
  • 1 gallon 2% milk
  • 4 Grand's biscuits
  • 2 Land O Frost Smoked Ham lunchmeat
  • 1 Ball Park franks
  • bananas (Ellie loves bananas!)
  • 5 Weight Watchers yogurts
  • 1 bottle Aleve
  • 1 Garnier Fructis conditioner
  • 1 Garnier Fructis shine spray
Without sales and coupons, I would have easily paid $50 for these items. I'm loving my new found passion for being a frugal mama when it comes to feeding my family! Check out these websites if you want to learn more about couponing and saving some of your hard-earned dough.

CouponCloset.net
MoneySavingQueen.com
SimpleSavingSavvy.net
CouponMom.com
TheKrazyCouponLady.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment