Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Ellie Week!

In under 48 hours, my baby will turn one. <sigh> Where does the time go? It seems like only yesterday I was one of those typical, cankled pregnant women waddling around in my flip flops because they were the only shoes that fit.

I kinda miss this!


Then, after months of "cooking" and a crazy week in the hospital, sweet Ellison Grace made her debut, instantly stealing the hearts of her mommy and daddy.

3 weeks early and 8 lbs, 2 ozs

We brought her home and she met her sister, Peaches Marie.


She hung out.


She saw her first snow. <Ignore the scary, sleep-deprived lady holding her for the picture>



She ate and ate and ate.


And slept and slept and slept.

I love those cheeks and those feet!

And, she met her whole family who loves her more than she could ever know!

Five generation picture
How quickly does a year fly by? Look at your children and you know the answer to that question. Fast! This week last year I was giving birth to my sweet little girl and this week I have a big girl who sits in a chair and eats graham crackers while watching Elmo.


Instead of crying my eyes out thinking I only have 17 more years, I'm instead thanking God for the year that I've had. I feel so blessed for this little girl to call me mom and look forward to celebrating her first birthday this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment