Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't

My co-workers and I were discussing pregnancy, babies and parenthood issues this afternoon and were lamenting that it seems like no matter what you choose to do with your child, it's always the wrong decision in someone's book.


Don't breastfeed? You're a home-grown terrorist!


You work outside of the home? You're letting someone else raise your child? Oh, the gall!

What? Disposable diapers? You're such a self-centered, Earth-hater contributing to the demise of our planet. 

There are so many hot-button issues that as a parent you're either damned if you don't, damned if you do. And everybody has an opinion and they make that opinion known!

So, I found this article called "The 10 Most Irritating, Least Helpful Parenting Tips Ever." I thought I'd share because I could relate to most of these tips and thought my parent friends might relate to.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-10-most-irritating-least-helpful-parenting-tips-ever-2448391/

Oh, and if you want a really good chuckle, go ahead and read this one, too. It's called the 11 Step Program for People Thinking About Having Children. Thanks, Liz, for sending! I can so related to number 5!

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25844665/11_step_program_for_people_thinking_of_having_children.


Happy parenting, my friends! Rest assured that I won't judge you for bribing your kid with a cookie if you don't judge me for the dog hair on my daughter's clothes. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment