Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Yellow Dress

Several months ago, Ellie and I were pushing through the baby clothes at Target (pre "no spending" challenge, of course!) and she saw a yellow dress that she went nuts for. She started grabbing for it and kicking her legs in excitement. That's my girl, I instantly thought! 

It wasn't on sale, so I explained to my then 10 or 11 month-old that we'd return and purchase it once it went on sale...which we did. They're never too young to learn money management strategies and delayed gratification, you know.

We spent time outside Sunday--it was beautiful! As luck would have it, she was wearing her special, I-got-to-have-it dress, so I was able to snap a few pictures so we can document her taste in fashion throughout the years. I just hope for her sake that Hammer pants and oversized scrunchies don't come back in style.

Speaking of Hammer, someone in our neighborhood wrote "Hammer time" under  the word "stop" on the stop sign. I don't condone graffiti, but that's funny stuff right there.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. It's Ellie in her yellow dress--and jeggings!




And, finally, the picture that just makes me happy. I just love her little feet. I'm so excited about her walking, but I'm gonna miss seeing her crawl. She's the cutest crawler out there!







No comments:

Post a Comment